Postdoctoral researcher (M/F/D) in the field of 2D material (MXene) synthesis and application
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the InnovationCenter INM, explore the application of new materials for advanced batteries and other electrochemical applications. We combine expertise in nanomaterial synthesis with electrochemistry and in-situ characterization and translate our knowledge to devices. For our research on advanced, multi-purpose nanomaterials, we seek a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
in the field of 2D material (MXene) synthesis and application
(starting date: March 1st, 2021, salary level 13 TV-L, 39,5h/week, contract limited to two years, with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of MXene and MXene-derived materials.
- Investigation of MXene and MXene-derived materials for electrochemical applications (esp. batteries; also other applications).
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Support of the overall scientific work of the INM Energy Materials Group and the InnovationCenter INM.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- Successful Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Strong and proven interest in MXene or other 2D materials.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no prerequisite.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and companies.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering synthesis of 2D materials.
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results.
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- Living and working at the heart of the Greater Region DE/FR/LU/BE.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by January 31st, 2021. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference “PostDoc: MX”)
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can be generally divided.