PostDoctoral researcher (m/f/d) for the modification of interfaces to increase the recyclability of LIB
INM’s research group Structure Formation investigates how multiscale materials can be formed from molecules and nanoparticles such that they combine multiple functionalities and can be curtailed for emerging applications. In the new project AdRecBat (Additive-based „Design for Recycling“ of Lithium-Ion Batteries (LIB)) funded by BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research), we invite applications for a
PostDoctoral researcher (m/f/d)
for the modification of interfaces to increase the recyclability of LIB
starting on March 1st, 2023 (with some flexibility).
- Analyze microscale separation processes during recycling and role of interfaces.
- Identify modification strategies for internal interfaces of LIB that enable an improved separation of its components.
- Synthesize new additives (e.g., blowing agents) for triggered debonding.
- Characterize the effect of the additives on battery performance and recyclability using INM’s broad range of techniques with the support of experts.
- Coordinate the cooperation with our project partners.
- Document and present your results at national and international conferences and in publications.
- PhD degree in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or a related field.
- Experience with batteries and an understanding of LIB materials.
- Experience with SEM, FIB-SEM, other characterization techniques beneficial.
- Very good communication and writing skills and thorough command of the English language. German language skills are beneficial but no required.
You will work…
- on scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group that collaborates with leading researchers,
- receive reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- in an interdisciplinary and international institute with excellent infrastructure,
- at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least one reference) by February 15th, 2023. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file < 5 MB) to Prof. Dr. Tobias Kraus
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Reference: “POSTDOC: AdRecBat”
The INM is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can be generally divided. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.