Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) for new materials and processes for battery recycling
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the InnovationCenter INM, explores the application of novel batteries and sustainable technologies. For our research on electrochemical methods for battery recycling, we seek a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
For new materials and processes for battery recycling
(desired starting date: January 1st, 2022, salary level 13 TV-L, 39,5h/week, contract limited to two years, with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of novel element-selective electdrode materials
- Material characterization and electrochemical methods
- Assembly and disassembly of lithium-ion battery cells
- Chemical and mechanical treatment of lithium-ion battery electrodes
- Electrochemical extraction of Li, Co, and other elements
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Being part of both the work at INM Energy Materials Group (cutting-edge energy research) and the InnovationCenter INM (technology transfer).
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- Successful Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Proven expertise in lithium-ion battery research and/or recycling.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no prerequisite.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and industrial partners.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for battery recycling
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results.
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by November 30th, 2021. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: email@example.com (Reference “BattRec”)
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees. The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can be generally divided. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.