PHD STUDENT (M/F/D) to investigate triggered additives for battery electrode recycling
INM’s research group Structure Formation investigates how multiscale materials can be formed from molecules and nanoparticles such that they combine multiple functionalities and can be curtailed for emerging applications. In the new project AdRecBat (Additive-based „Design for Recycling“ of Lithium-Ion Batteries (LIB)) funded by BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research), we invite applications for a
PHD STUDENT (m/f/d)
to investigate triggered additives for battery electrode recycling
starting on March 1st, 2023 (with some flexibility).
- Identify, systematically test, and analyze the performance of additives, and their trigger mechanisms, in LIB cathode materials.
- Characterize the effect of the additives on battery performance and recyclability using INM’s broad range of techniques with the support of experts.
- Closely cooperate with our project partners.
- Document and present your results at national and international conferences and in publications.
- Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, physics, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Interest in cross-disciplinary questions of sustainability and the physical and chemical mechanisms that underly them, and knowledge of LIBs beneficial.
- Experience with working in chemistry laboratories is required.
- Very good communication and writing skills and thorough command of the English language. German language skills are beneficial but no required.
You will work…
- on scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group that collaborates with leading researchers,
- receive reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- in an interdisciplinary and international institute with excellent infrastructure,
- at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least one reference) by February 15th, 2023. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file < 5 MB) to Prof. Dr. Tobias Kraus
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Reference: “PhD: AdRecBat”
The INM is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can be generally divided. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.