Ph.D. Student (M/F/D) physics, chemistry, materials science
The INM Program Division Energy Materials is at the forefront of exploring and applying novel electrode materials for batteries, supercapacitors, and hybrid devices. An exciting development is the transition towards predictive tools to advance electrochemical energy storage technologies. Digitalization of material and processing parameters enables digital twinning and a new era of high-throughput and optimized research. In a new project funded by BMBF (German Ministry for Research) within the ProZell consortium, we are seeking to fill an open position for a Ph.D. student (male / female / diverse).
- Synthesis and materials characterization (microscopy, diffraction, spectroscopy, etc.) of electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries (esp. regarding novel electrode materials, such as Prussian Blue analogues / derivatives)
- Support of day-to-day execution of the project towards a data-based description of battery materials.
- Active participation in the research activities of the group in close collaboration with other team members.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- Publish scientific papers resulting from this research and present results at international meetings.
We are seeking a person with a degree in physics, chemistry, materials science, or another related science field. Previous experience with electrochemical applications or the synthesis of nanomaterials is a benefit. Candidates should be self-motivated, have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels. The ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team is a critical asset, and proficiency in English is mandatory.
Do you want to know more about the project? Just contact us!
Interested candidates should submit their complete application, including a CV, publication list, and a one-page motivation letter, and two letters of reference before November 1st, 2021. We prefer to receive your application electronically (single pdf file smaller than 5 MB) addressed to Prof. Volker Presser under email@example.com.
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.