PHD STUDENT (M/F/D) on new conductive composites for soft robotics with adapted multiscale structures
INM’s research group Structure Formation investigates how multiscale materials can be formed from molecules and nanoparticles such that they combine multiple functionalities and can be curtailed for emerging applications. In the new project BROADCAST (Biomimetic Robots autonomously driven by Dielectric elastomers) funded by DFG (German Research Foundation), we invite applications for a
PHD STUDENT (m/f/d)
on new conductive composites for soft robotics with adapted multiscale structures
starting on September 1st 2022 (with some flexibility).
- Prepare and systematically vary the composition, structure, and properties of flexible, stretchable, and conductive materials for soft robotics.
- Characterize of the structure and properties using INM’s broad range of techniques with the support of experts.
- Closely cooperate with our project partners that design and build robots.
- Document and present your results at national and international conferences and in publications.
- Master’s degree in materials science, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Interest and possibly experience in composite or hybrid materials, particle suspensions, or electronics.
- Previous experience with SEM, FIB, SAXS, and other characterization techniques is beneficial.
- Very good communication and writing skills and thorough command of the English language. German language skills are beneficial but no required.
You will work…
- on scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group that collaborates with leading researchers,
- receive reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- in an interdisciplinary and international institute with excellent infrastructure,
- at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least one reference) by June 30, 2022. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file < 5 MB) to Prof. Dr. Tobias Kraus
E-mail: email@example.com • Reference: “PhD: BROADCAST”
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.