PHD STUDENT (M/F/D) in the field of particle suspensions and fluids for soft electronics
INM’s research group Electrofluids investigates a new kind of materials consisting of electrically conductive particles suspended in insulating liquid matrices that form percolating networks with the aim of their integration in soft materials for applications like sensors, wearables, and robotics. The group studies the interplay between particle-particle friction, contact resistance, percolation, bulk resistance, and suspension viscosity. In our project funded by ERC (European Research Council), we are seeking a
PhD Student (m/f/d)
in the field of particle suspensions and fluids for soft electronics
starting date: June 1st, 2022 (some flexibility).
- development of electronic suspensions and encapsulation materials,
- analysis of their rheoelectrical properties,
- research on their integration in flexible devices, characterization, and testing,
- interaction with other group members and supervising students,
- documentation and dissemination of results.
- Master’s degree in chemistry, physics, materials science, electrical engineering, or a related field,
- experience in either electronics, colloids, particle suspensions, or non-Newtonian fluids and interest in the other fields, and
- very good communication and writing skills, a thorough command of the English language. Any other language knowledge is beneficial but no requisite.
- scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group,
- reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- an interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure,
- living and working at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B,
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least two references) by May 31st, 2022. Please send it via
e-mail (single pdf file, less than 5 MB) to Dr. Lola González-García E-mail: email@example.com • Reference: “PhD Student: Electrofluids”
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can be generally divided. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.