PhD student (m/f/d) in the field of additive manufactoring, electronics, robotics, and device integraton
INM’s research group Electrofluids investigates a new kind of materials consisting of electrically conductive particles suspended in insulating liquid matrices that form percolating networks with the aim of their integration in soft materials for applications like sensors, wearables, and robotics. In our project funded by ERC (European Research Council), we are seeking a PhD Student (m/f/d) in the field of additive manufacturing, electronics, robotics, and device integration
starting date: April 1st, 2023 (some flexibility).
- development of electronic suspensions and encapsulation materials,
- analysis of their rheoelectrical properties,
- apply them with manufacturing techniques such as 3D printing or patterning,
- research on their integration in flexible devices, characterization, and testing,
- interaction with other group members and supervising students,
- documentation and dissemination of results.
- Master’s degree in chemistry, physics, materials science, electrical engineering, or a related field,
- experience in either electronics, particle suspensions, non-Newtonian fluids, robotics, or additive manufacturing, and interest in the other fields, and
- very good communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. Any other language knowledge is beneficial but no requisite.
- scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group,
- 3 years contract,
- an interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure,
- living and working at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B,
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV including publication list, motivation letter, at least two references) by Feb 28th, 2023. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file, less than 5 MB) to Dr. Lola González-García E-mail: email@example.com • Reference: “PhD Student: Electrofluids”
The INM practices an open and appreciative corporate culture in which the existing diversity is promoted and lived. The institute is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.