PH.D. STUDENT (M/F/D) in the field of synthesis and application of nanohybrid materials
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the University of Salzburg in Austria, explores the application of the novel material spherogels. Spherogels are hollow carbon spheres with a void core that can be filled with other nanomaterials (oxides, sulfides, etc.).This material provides exciting perspectives for high performance batteries and electrocatalysis. We seek a
Ph.D. student (m/f/d)
in the field of synthesis and application of nanohybrid materials
Desired starting date: September 1st, 2022, salary level E13 TV-L 50% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of carbon nanohybrid spherogel materials.
- Loading and modification of carbon spherogels with metal oxides and sulfides.
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications and electrocatalysis.
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- Sc. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Experience with carbon nanomaterials and/or hybrid nanomaterials.
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is very beneficial.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading international researchers and industrial partners.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for spherogel synthesis and electrochemical applications.
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences).
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by August 1st, 2022. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference “PhD:SPHERO”).
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy and it provides offers for a better work life balance, flexi-time and mobile working. We promote the professional opportunities of women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.