INM Energy Materials Group: Ph.D. student (m/f/d) in the field of MXene synthesis
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the InnovationCenter INM, explores the application of novel nanomaterials with a specific focus on the rapidly growing 2D material family of MXene. We seek a Ph.D. student (m/f/d) in the field of MXene synthesis
Desired starting date: March 1st, 2022, salary level E13 TV-L 50% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of advanced MXene (complex chemical composition, solid solutions)
- Surface functionalization and hybridization of MXene for tailored properties.
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications.
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- MSc. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Experience with MXene and/or synthesis of 2D materials.
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no prerequisite.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and industrial partners.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for MXene synthesis.
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences).
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by January 31st, 2022. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference “PhD: MX”).
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.