PH.D. STUDENT (M/F/D) in the field of electrochemical desalination and material synthesis
The INM Energy Materials Group explores electrochemical methods for generating clean, potable water and recovering precious elements via energy-efficient desalination. To this end, we develop advanced electrode materials otherwise used in batteries and pseudocapacitors. We seek a: PH.D. STUDENT (M/F/D) in the field of electrochemical desalination and material synthesis
Desired starting date: February 1st, 2023, salary level E13 TV-L 50% (with a potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension).
▪ Synthesis and characterization of battery and pseudocapacitor materials.
▪ Electrochemical water remediation and ion separation test with in situ and online monitoring techniques (including real-time ICP-OES and EQCM).
▪ Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
▪ Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic energy&water research.
▪ Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
▪ M.Sc. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
▪ Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization.
▪ Ideally, experience with capacitive deionization (CDI) or battery desalination.
▪ Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
▪ Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is very beneficial.
▪ An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading international researchers and industrial partners.
▪ Strong collaboration with partners at Saarland University and saarene Saarland Center for Energy Materials and Sustainability.
▪ A unique opportunity to be part of a pioneering project toward next-generation water/energy nexus technologies.
▪ Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences).
▪ An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
▪ A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We look forward to receiving your application by December 15th, 2022. Please email one single PDF file <5 MB to email@example.com (Reference “PhD:SELECT”). Make sure to include your CV, a complete list of publications, a one-page motivation letter, and at least two letters of reference.
We are looking forward to your application!
The INM is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.