Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) in the field of data-driven battery material research
In a new project funded by BMBF (German Ministry for Research) with a national consortium that is coordinated at INM, we are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) in the field of data-driven battery material research.
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a provider of research and development for companies throughout the world. The INM is an institute of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
INM’s research group Structure Formation investigates how molecules, polymers and colloidal particles join to form materials. We focus on fundamental processes of structure formation and applies them to prepare new materials from liquid precursors. In a new project funded by BMBF (German Ministry for Research) with a national consortium that is coordinated at INM, we are seeking a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
in the field of data-driven battery material research
(starting date: January 1, 2021, salary level 13 TV-L, 39,5h/week, contract limited to two years, with possible extension).
- day-to-day execution of the project towards a data-based description of battery materials,
- analysis of data on the structure and properties of electrode materials,
- integration of knowledge and data on batteries and battery materials,
- analysis of reference materials as a basis of the description,
- support of Prof. Kraus in the overall scientific coordination of the project,
- communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- successful PhD in materials science, physics, or a related field,
- strong and proven interest in data-based material science,
- interest – ideally, experience – in the formal description of knowledge in graphs and ontologies,
- very good communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no requisite.
- an exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and companies,
- participation in the development of data-driven materials research in Germany,
- strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- an interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure,
- living and working at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B,
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least two references) by October 30, 2020. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file < 5 MB) to Prof. Dr. Tobias Kraus • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Reference: “PostDoc: DigiBatMat”
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full time jobs can be generally divided.