Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/d) in the field of particle suspensions and fluids for soft electronics
INM’s research group Electrofluids investigates a new kind of materials consisting of electrically conductive particles suspended in insulating liquid matrices that form percolating networks with the aim of their integration in soft materials for applications like sensors, wearables, and robotics. The group studies the interplay between particle-particle friction, contact resistance, percolation, bulk resistance, and suspension viscosity. In our project funded by ERC (European Research Council), we are seeking a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
in the field of particle suspensions and fluids for soft electronics
(starting date: December 1 (some flexibility), salary level 13 TV-L, 39.5h/week).
- development of electronic suspensions and analysis of their rheoelectrical properties,
- research on their integration in flexible devices,
- characterization and testing the devices,
- interaction with other group members and co-supervising students,
- documentation and dissemination of scientific work through peer-reviewed publication, participation in conferences, and workshops, and
- help with scientific proposal writing.
- successful PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science, electrical engineering, or a related field,
- strong and proven experience in either electronics, flow behavior of complex fluids, or additive manufacturing
- outstanding writing skills, interpersonal and communication skills, English language is prerequisite. Any other language knowledge is beneficial.
- be a part of a motivated, interdisciplinary team with experience in particle-based materials, soft electronics, additive manufacturing, and material characterization,
- support of your career development: workshops, funding guidance,
- reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results,
- an interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure, and
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV including publication list, motivation letter, at least two references) by October 15, 2023.
Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file, less than 5 MB) to Dr. Lola González-García
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Reference: “Postdoc: Electrofluids”
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a provider of research and development for companies throughout the world. The INM is an institute of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM practices an open and appreciative corporate culture in which the existing diversity is promoted and lived. The institute is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.