Master Student (M/F/D) Thesis in Synthesis and Optical Characterizations of Luminescent Self-Assembled Yttria Nanodiscs
INM´s research group “Structure Formation” investigates how molecules, polymers and colloidal particles join to form materials. It studies fundamental processes of structure formation and applies them to prepare new materials. We study how the properties of composite and hybrid materials depend on their microstructures and how to change them. To this end, we systematically vary size, geometry, chemical composition, and arrangement of the materials’ constituents.
- Synthesize lanthanide doped yttria based self-assembled nanodiscs
- Full characterizations (structural and morphological) of the synthesized particles
- Understanding the mechanisms behind the self-assembly
- Optical characterizations of the lanthanide doped nanoparticles
- Elucidating the effect of polarization of the optical properties of the synthesized nanoparticles
- Background in chemistry, materials science and optical materials
- Experience on wet chemical synthesis such as thermal decomposition or digestive ripening
- Interested in optical materials
- Very good communication and writing skills and thorough command of the English language. German language skills are beneficial but not required.
You will work
- on an exciting and novel topic, bridging synthesis of nanomaterials and spectroscopy
- in an interdisciplinary and international research group and an institute with excellent infrastructure
- in an institute that supports you in performing high-quality research and presenting and publishing your research results
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, study records, single pdf file < 5 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the reference “M.Sc._Yttria”. Deadline for applications is 14th March 2023.
The INM is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
Laborant (Chemie-/Biologie-/Technischer-Assistent) (m/w/d) mit Erfahrung in der Kultivierung von Bakterien
Kaufmännische Geschäftsführung (m/w/d)
PhD student (m/f/d) in the field of additive manufactoring, electronics, robotics, and device integraton