Independent Junior Group Leader (M/F/D) (Living) Therapeutic Materials
In a joint Campus-initiative with Saarland University and the HIPS-Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland, we jointly aim to expand our activities in the field of therapeutic materials and seek an Independent Junior Group Leader (M/F/D) for (Living) Therapeutic Materials
(3+2 years contract, salary level 14 TV-L, starting asap)
The group will be hosted at INM and will be integrated in the Forschungsallianz Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland and in the Leibniz ScienceCampus Living Therapeutic Materials (www.lsclifemat.de). It will be associated with HIPS and Saarland University, and is expected to develop a competitive research profile while reinforcing the collaboration across the institutions.
- background at the interface between life sciences and materials science
- 2-4 years postdoctoral experience with excellent output
- a research vision complementary to INM’s mission and to the collaborative agenda with HIPS and Saarland University
- ability to setup and lead an international team in a multidisciplinary research environment
- proactive spirit for interdisciplinary cooperation
- interest for technology transfer from own fundamental research, and in cooperation with the industry
- experience in grant writing
We offer excellent working conditions, including renovated laboratory space and funding for necessary equipment and personnel. We facilitate integration into a highly creative and interdisciplinary environment, with outstanding opportunities for research and scientific career development. We expect that the selected candidate interacts with material scientists and engineers at INM, and with drug developers and clinicians at HIPS and Saarland University.
Interested candidates can contact Prof. Dr. Aránzazu del Campo for further details, and are invited to submit their application (via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) including:
- motivation letter of max. 1 page
- CV (max 2 pages) and publication list
- concept sheet of max. 2 pages presenting their envisioned field of research
The deadline for submission is 30th July 2021. We expect to fill the position as soon as possible. The INM is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full-time jobs can generally be divided. Preferential consideration will be given to applications from disabled candidates of equal eligibility.